Something isn't working. Now what?
We want to make sure you are up and running in as little time as possible.
Check our FAQ’s to see if there is a quick and easy fix to your problem.
My (your machine) isn't working, what do I do?
Have you tried turning it on and off?
- Locate the power switch on your device.
- Move the switch to the 'OFF' position.
- Wait 10 seconds (very important).
- Move the switch to the 'ON' position.
- Wait to see if this has fixed the issue.
How do I install print drivers on a Windows PC?
- Install CD if you have it. If this causes a window to open, close it.
- Go to the Printers and Faxes or Devices and Printers window from either the start menu or control panel.
- Click on ‘Add a printer’.
- At the Welcome window select ‘Next’.
- At the Local or Network Printer window, select ‘Local printer attached to this computer’ and de-select ‘Automatically detect and install my plug and play printer'. Click ‘Next’.
- At the Select a Printer Port window select ‘Create a new port’. Click the ‘Type of Port’ pull down menu and select ‘Standard TCP/IP port’ from the list. Click ‘Next’.
- At the Add Port wizard select ‘Next’. Put IP address of copier in space that says printer name or IP address. Hit 'Next'. Hit 'Finish".
- At the Install Printer Software window select ‘Have Disk’. Browse to the Printer Driver folder on the CD or on your computer. From the Printer Driver folder, select the driver of your choice. PCL6 driver works best for most applications. Continue to click on sub-folders until the setup file appears (e.g. OEMSETUP). Double click on the setup file.
- At the Install From Disk window click ‘OK’.
- At the Install Printer Software window a list of models may appear. Select the appropriate model. Click ‘Next’.
- At the Name Your Printer window you can choose to rename the printer or leave the name as it appears. Choose whether or not you want this to be your default printer. Click ‘Next’.
- At the Printer Sharing window choose whether or not you want to share the printer. For locations that will have less than 10 PCs connected to the Ricoh device, the printer drivers should be installed on each PC, in which case ‘Do not share this printer’ should be selected. Click ‘Next’.
- At the Print Test Page window select ‘Yes’. Click ‘Next’.
- At the Completing the Add Printer Wizard window click ‘Finish’. The software will install and a test page will be printed. Depending on the speed of the PC, this may take a minute or more.
- If installing the PCL6 driver, you must set up the accessories in the driver properties. To do this, from the Printers and Faxes window, right click on the newly installed printer. From the sub-menu select ‘Properties’.
- In the Properties window click on the ‘Accessories’ tab.
- In the ‘Accessories’ tab click ‘Update Now’. The driver should communicate with the Ricoh device and add any accessories that exist on the device. If the accessories are not automatically added, add them manually. Click ‘Apply’ then ‘OK’. This completes the printer driver install.
How do I set up a 'Scan To' folder in Windows 7?
Before any changes are made on the MFD, ensure a folder called Scans is created on the PC.
To do this:
- Double left click on ‘Computer.’ Double left click on ‘Local Disk C.’ Right click and select ‘new’ and from the sub-menu.
- Select ‘Folder’. Name the folder ‘Scans’
- Once this folder is set up, right click on the ‘Scans’ folder. Go to Properties and select ‘Sharing’ tab.
- Click on ‘Advanced Sharing.’
- Click the box beside ‘Share this folder’ then click ‘Permissions’
- Everyone should be highlighted.
- In the lower box make sure ‘Change’ and ‘Read’ are checked.
- Click ‘Ok” twice.
- Click on the ‘Security’ tab.
- Click on ‘Edit’ and then click on the ‘Add’ button.
- Type in ‘Everyone’ and click ‘OK.’
- In the lower box make sure ‘Full Control’ is checked off and then click ‘Ok’
- Go to 'Control Panel' and select 'Network and Sharing Center.'
- Change Advanced Sharing Settings.
- Choose 'Work' or 'Home.'
- Turn on Network Discovery File . Turn on Printer Sharing Public Folder sharing. Disable Password Protected Sharing if you use a password.
- Save Changes.
- Click on ‘Close’ and you now have the Scans folder set up.
- Write down name of your computer, E.g. KCG8XGP.
- If you do not know your computer name, it can be obtained by right clicking on ‘My Computer’ then ‘Properties’ then on the ‘Computer Name’ tab. You should need only the characters to the left of the first dot. e.g. If the computer name shows as KCG8XGP.AB123, you only need KCG8XGP.
- You will also need to know your Windows logon name and password. To find out your logon name, go into 'User Accounts’ in the Windows control panel. All users (logon names) will be listed.
This section details the steps used to configure the Scan to Folder address settings via WIM. 6.1 Web Image Monitor Administrator Login Process
In order to access and change the necessary settings, login to WIM as an Administrator. The Administrator login process is outlined below.
- Enter the IP address in the address field of your web browser (e.g. 172.16.121.40) and click on 'Go' or press 'Enter'.
- In the upper right-hand corner, click 'Login,' which opens a login page.
- If the login was successful, the word 'Administrator' will appear in the upper right-hand corner.
- From the left-hand toolbar, select 'Address Book'.
- The Address Book main screen will open. It displays the existing user list, including the registration number, e-mail addressand name of each user (Figure 6.4).
- From the Address Book main screen, click 'Change' to edit an existing user or 'Add User' to create a new user account.
- For new users, a Registration number will be auto-populated.
- Enter a Name and Key Display (what will appear on the MFP Op panel). NOTE: If no Key Display is entered, the user will not appear on the MFP operation panel.
- In the Folder Authentication section under the Authentication heading, enter the user name and password needed to access the folder. Be sure to highlight the 'Specify Other'Authentication Info.
- In the Protocol drop down box (under the Folder heading) select SMB to make it the protocol in use.
- Enter the path to the shared folder on the PC :\\computer name\scans.
- Scroll down to bottom of page and click 'Ok' to save changes.
Set Up Scan to E-Mail
Setting Up Scan to Email
- Log into Web Image Monitor by putting your copier's IP address into your web browser.
- Log in as Administrator.
- Select 'Configuration' under device settings.
- Go to Email. At the top, put in Administrator Email address under SMTP.
- Put in the name of the SMPT server, e.g. smtp.sasktel.net. Normally, SMTP port will be 25 but that depends it on each server (Sasktel should be port 587).
- If you need to use a username and password, make sure SMTP authentication is 'On'.
- Enter the user Email address and username.
- Hit 'Change Password' which will take you to another screen.
- Input password twice then click 'Ok' this will take you back to the first screen.
- Go to the bottom of the page and click 'Ok.' Under 'Network,' select 'ipv4' and check 'DNS Server.' It should be set to specify DNS server 1. The DNS should be the same as the gateway address.
- If you change the DNS server you will temporarily lose connection to the copier but if you wait 30 seconds and refresh the address it should reconnect. If you want the copier to automatically set Administrator address as sender, on the copier go to 'User tools,' select 'System Settings,' then select 'File Transfer'.
- Scroll down to page 2, set 'Auto Specify Sender Name' to 'On'. **NOTE** Copiers with small displays scroll down to page 5.
Simplifying the office experience
Toll Free: 1 (800) 667-8173 email@example.com